Camp Coordinator Position Description
(Sunday 3:00 p.m. through Saturday 10:30 a.m.)
We are looking for one male and one female camp coordinator for both sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strive to achieve the Habits for Life program objectives and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Provide on-site coordination in conjunction with the session director and oversee all aspects of the Habits for Life session as directed by Camp Director.
- Work responsibly to ensure the safety and well-being of each participant.
- Have a proficient knowledge of the Habits for Life program and the ability to give clear direction and provide feedback to staff regarding their responsibilities and job performance.
- Work well with a partner in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Support counselor staff in maintaining their personal well-being.
- Must be available to work all both camp sessions.
- Must be available for various camp planning meetings.
- Work with program administrators and staff in presenting a counselor training meeting on Saturday June 30, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Have an understanding of, and the ability to successfully model, Stephen R. Covey’s 7 Habits.
- Be willing to accept as a condition of employment compliance with the Church Educational System Honor Code, Dress and Grooming Standards and Residential Living Standards.
- Receive approval through the BYU Ecclesiastical Office clearance process.
- Be at least 21 years old by July 1, 2018.
- Be no more than 28 years old by September 1, 2018.
- Have previous camp counselor experience
- Be able to work well independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Consistently exhibit mature leadership skills and be a role model for staff and participants.
- Demonstrate integrity and good judgment in decision making and problem solving.
- Be capable of dealing with disciplinary situations.
- Be dependable, teachable, friendly, and accountable.
- Stay in campus housing and be available 24-7 as needed during camp session.
- Current driver's license.
- Cell phone accessibility during camp session.
- Work well under pressure.
- If hired, must be able to legally work in the United States of America.
- Criminal background checks will be performed on applicants hired for this position.